Saturday, December 18, 2010

H3 Autoworks: Engine Transplant Turnout

I brought my car in Monday, and got it Wednesday night.

Just a few thoughts on the swap:

1. The transmission is still my OLD PH12 transmission -- not the S20 that Bong said that he would install.
2. Compressor is still my old compressor -- not the "complete" engine Bong has told me.
3. No air cleaner box was installed. -- again, not as complete as expected.

These are minor issues, but if a customer was told the swap is a "complete" swap, then the customer will expect a "complete" one. It's just a matter of managing expectations.

Anyway, the engine is good. It runs well, and the oil is clean. Power is not there yet because I still have the stock pipes (~1.25-1.5 inch) of the PH12.

The problem is fuel economy. Right now, I'm running at 7km/L. Less efficient than my PH12 at times!
ECU is a P70, head is P08, all stock.
If you know the solution to my problem, just hit the comment button.

Here are some pictures (of the head):


Update: Today, July 16, 2011, I finally got the papers of my engine swap. It has been a long wait.
Reason behind is that: 1. Bong can't remember where he got the engine; 2. The engine number is quite difficult to read. Anyway, I believe that's it's an honest mistake and I don't take that against H3. Of course, their expertise and years of experience in what they do can't be undermined by this minor inconvenience it has caused me. And my final say in this experience is that -- I will come back to H3 Autoworks for my engine concerns.

Pictures of my engine:




2 comments:

  1. sir kamusta yung hatch mo? okay po ba ang consumo sa gasolina?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay naman po, mga 9km/L. Recently had my ECU chipped, kaya ipapa tune ko para umabot sa 12km/L. Thanks for dropping by!

    ReplyDelete