Monday, November 29, 2010

H3 Autoworks: The Engine Transplant

Today, November 29, I asked my friend (Ryan of my same village who got my extra fenders) to bring me to H3 Autoworks in Antipolo for me to canvass for an engine.

We met at Burger King Marcos Highway at around 7:30AM. I followed his car up to Antipolo -- keeping-up is really difficult for my car because his EG packs a B16EF vs. my PH12 engine.

As you go in the shop, you can see that the owner is a Honda fanatic. He has eight Honda cars, which includes 2 CR-Vs, 2 FDs, a bunch of EK9s, and Integras.

As suggested by Bong Hilario, getting the D16ZC is a more practical choice over the D15B (1600cc vs 1500cc). First quote for the ZC was P65,000.

The package includes engine, transmission (S20), EFI fuel tank, compressor, alternator, P08 ECU, all sensors, refurbishment of the engine, labor, and road testing.

Finally, I asked if he could lower it down to P60,000 which he did. That's a deal already considering the Banawe boys offered the same thing to me at P50,000. And who knows what the outcome will be in Banawe? With no plans of transplant this early, I made a decision of going with it at that moment (maybe because I was really impressed with all the cars in his shop?).

Here's Scratchy before we parted ways:





No comments:

Post a Comment