Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Getting a Car Part from any US Online Store

As you all know, Scratchy has a JDM OBD1 SOHC VTEC D16A engine. All local Civics of its generation run on OBD1 non-VTEC engines. So finding a brand new distributor (an ignition part, not the one who sells to stores/dealers) for my engine is a PITA (Surplus parts are available. However, these run for P4-5K -- overpriced for a used part).

Tried scouring Banawe, but they only have the one for the ESI or PH12 which are incompatible with VTEC SOHC. Replacement brands run for P6 to P8K and it's kinda expensive if you ask me. 

Then, I stumbled upon this site on a local car forum: http://gmettrading.com/.



They can buy from any website in the States, ship it here (with a cost of course), and all you need to do is to pick it up from their office. I guess this is my chance to buy the cheap TD-42U distributor from Amazon that I've been eyeing on for quite some time now. 

I emailed them and I received friendly replies even though I have a lot of questions. They gave me a quote for the item for P5,450. Knowing that this is in fact lower than the brand new replacements here, I went for it. I deposited half the amount into their BDO account and that's it, they ordered it for me. All I have to do is wait and pay the balance upon pick-up.

ETA is around August 8 or 9, 2013. I'll let you know once it arrives. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment